Through advocacy with all levels of government and with other trade associations in the marketplace, the Canadian Lenders Association’s Advocacy and Regulatory Committee supports the following principles:
- We support transparency throughout the Canadian marketplace and will support changes to legislative and regulatory frameworks that encourage and enhance transparency for borrowers.
- We advocate for balanced regulatory frameworks that meet the needs of borrowers, as well as provide stable, strong and consistent environments for businesses of all sizes to successfully operate in Canada by minimizing the administrative and compliance costs for lenders.
- We support an open marketplace – one which encourages innovation, the use of technology and healthy competition to advance the needs of borrowers and provide products and services to meet 21st century needs.
We support an open marketplace – one which encourages innovation, the use of technology and healthy competition to advance the needs of borrowers and provide products and services to meet 21st century needs. Members of the CLA Advocacy and Regulatory Committee agree to build these key messages into messaging shared with government and other decision makers to promote a cohesive and united approach to major regulatory issues in the Canadian marketplace that impact or may impact – whether directly or indirectly – the business operations of CLA members.
Committee Sector Initiatives:
- Automotive Roundtable: www.canadianlenders.org/bnpl-task-force
- Task Force: Consumer BNPL: www.canadianlenders.org/automotive-roundtable
- Market Entry Checklist (Cassels)
- Whitepapers: RTR (VISA), BNPL
- Monthly Regulatory Calendar: