The BNPL roundtable is made up of the leading solution providers. The group includes global leaders including VISA, Mastercard, Afterpay, Affirm, Sezzle, Klarna, Splitit, Uplift, Openpay, Humm Group, ChargeAfter, Ripple and Futurepay as well as a number of Canadian-grown BNPL companies including Paybright (Affirm), Flexiti, LendCare, Goto Loans, Consumer Capital Canada, Fix4 Capital. Members also include BMO, RBC, Scotiabank, Financeit, Snap Financial, Bridgeport Financial and as well as commercial BNPL lenders including VendorLender and CWB Financial Group.
The goal of the roundtable is to enable the Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) sector to proactively work with key stakeholders including consumer groups, government, regulators and companies in the BNPL Industry to better service the Canadian and global market. The group will be developing a comprehensive whitepaper on the sector and working collectively to share best practices.
In addition to the many international companies on the roundtable, we have invited a number of global BNPL leaders to informally participate including:
- Anuscha Iqbal, Chief Executive Officer at Spotii in the United Arab Emirates
- Stuart Thornton, CEO & Co-Founder at Hoolah in Singapore servicing South East Asia
- Philip Belamant, CEO & Founder at Zilch in the UK
- Shaul Weisband, CEO & Founder at Jifiti in the Israel
- Jordan Olivas, CEO & Founder at QisstPay in the Pakistan
Please note: it is important that CLA members do not engage, under the auspices of the CLA, in coordinated behaviors or practices that restrict competition or target competitors who are not members of the CLA. It is critical that CLA staff and CLA members abide by these guidelines which are designed to avoid not only actual wrongdoing but also the appearance of wrongdoing. To that effect, CLA members should generally refrain from sharing with each other any confidential sensitive commercial information such as pricing, capacity, expansion, business plans etc. Should a member have any questions or concerns, please contact Dean Velentzas, Head of Policy.
Visit the CLA’s Calendar to discover how you can get involved with the BNPL Roundtable.
All Canadian BNPL member companies comply with the code of the CLA.
- Complying with the regulatory environment that protects business and consumers from predatory practices, including consumer protection and consumer reporting laws, Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation and privacy laws.
- Not participating in Canada’s payday loans industry, in any province or territory in Canada.
Upholding CLA Lenders Values detailed in the CLA lender certification